UC help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC help

jamie2471 Community member Posts: 101 Connected
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
hello I need help a friend moved into my council 1 bedroom flat  I’ve reported it to the council tax that my friend has moved in do I also need to report this to UC and will this affect my benefit or anything else? 


  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    edited July 2023
    Hello @jamie2471. Is your friend now living there or just staying temporarily? Do you claim any other benefits such as PIP and do you receive the housing element of UC to help towards your rent?
    Community Manager


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.