Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip renewal assessment

Options
xtrasmall78
xtrasmall78 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
edited July 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi on Monday I had my telephone assessment and when I’ve received a copy of the assessors report I’ve been given enough points for enhanced living and mobility I currently receive only stand living has anyone had this and then received a different decision awarded ? Or has the decision been the same as what has been given on report ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,076 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mostly they go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it. 

Usually for reviews started by DWP they don’t backdate the award to an earlier time.

However because of the delays with decisions they sometimes backdate it to an earlier date. Not everyone receives the difference between the 2 and there doesn’t seem to be any consistency.

Decisions can take up to 12 weeks after the report was returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • xtrasmall78
    Options
    Thank you for your reply pip have told me previously due to the back log I’ll get anything backdated if I’m entitled to extra but anything could happen I’m not going to get my hopes up. I hate waiting for things like this it sends my anxiety wild.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have many members who also feel that anxiety with the process. You are more than welcome to join us in the Coffee Lounge :) It's where we play games, have debates and get to know each other. Hopefully it can help keep your mind off it all :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • xtrasmall78
    Options
    I’m so stressed out I hope I get a decision quickly I found out today my uncle has died and I’ve had an extremely bad day with my son with asd and adhd.

Tomorrow is a new day I’m hoping it’s a little easier x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @xtrasmall78 I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, sending you my condolences <3

I hope today has been a little easier for you. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.