Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


Annamaria Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I already get pip and have just been awarded lcwra 
My previous employer has asked me to return to work for 23 hours per week 
Is this permitted?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    There’s no maximum amount of hours you can work while claiming UC. 

    If you return to work you will need to report a change of circumstances and tell them you’re working. 

    You will have the work allowance which means a certain amount of earnings received each month will be ignored before any deductions apply. If you claim for help with the rent it will be £379/month, if you don’t it will be £631/month.

    Do be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it could go against you at your next review. Same applies for PIP. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Annamaria
    Annamaria Community member Posts: 2 Listener


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.