Nil award in July. What will happen in August? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nil award in July. What will happen in August?

HMcC Scope Member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello. Thanks in advance for any help and assistance given.
I claim universal credit but because I received a payment for back pay from work in june, I received a nil award for July. I have not been paid anything from work since September 2022. The nil award was expected, but I wonder what will happen in August. I am not anticipating receiving any other pay from work, however they are due to dismiss me for health reasons after a hearing which may possibly be held in August, after which I will receive any holiday accrument. But my concern and question is, do i need to do anything with regards to a claim for a universal credit payment in August? Thank you. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Your claim will remain open so you do not need to do anything. If you don't receive any earnings during the next assessment period then you will receive your full UC entitlement. Any holiday pay you receive in the future will be treated as earnings and affect your UC in the assessment period you receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.