What if I like some guys online who aren't as attractive as the good-looking men in real life? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What if I like some guys online who aren't as attractive as the good-looking men in real life?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 385 Courageous
I noticed that i don't feel attractive to guys that are too old looking but i had to be more attractive to men who aren't as attractive . My previous experience with some ex boyfriends was good looking, but they cheated . Some of my experience with some guys online was guys that were more good minded were looking for just friends or Casual dating/Casual relationship. One guy was taller than me and kept asking me if I would like to date a tall guy; I said no, I prefer guys who are shorter. The same word you like to date tall guys. I just blocked him after that. . The guys that i met in real life were also too good looking and i wasn't attracted to them as much as guys that were not as good looking men that i met some through online dating. I had some bad experiences with men who turned out to be players. Other men are not suitable. The other type of men I experienced were guys that asked me to look at their dicks pic. Only two of them did this, and yes, I refused and blocked and reported them both. My previous ex boyfriend went toxic, but I met two ex-boyfriends through Facebook. I had 9 ex boyfriends what is your opinion about these types of my experiences from real men to good looking to not so good looking men that I met online?

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

That’s ok @Splatmate24 – you can be attracted to people who are not necessarily “attractive” (in appearance). Though, I know it sounds quite ironic. I can hear how this has been impacted by your previous experiences too. You should only view the content you feel comfortable (and consent to) viewing – you don’t have to view anything you don’t feel comfortable with or consent to :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @ yep i went out in city last Thursday and did met guys that I wasn't attracted to guys that did seem to be attractive in there appearance  men . online dating can be hit or missed . they not much you or me that can't really control people in real life you and me can only control ourself . some of my previous ex boyfriend i did met two them through facebook and also going to meetup with new men and my mum is bring me to Costa Coffee on thrusday 10  at 1;00pm . i can only see real men as just friends nothing more .
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Let us know how it goes on Thursday! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jack85PL
    Jack85PL Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Well I can say that "Pretty bowl won't feed you".
    Sadly i do have similar experience in my life. 
    Hope for you and myself as well than we'll meet someone who'll change that!
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    Update: the date went great and  did set up a second date in his town .since our first date was a very short date . has dropped off my younger sister work . he was a bit late he apologies for being late and getting bit lost on way with a satnav . 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad the date went well! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 437 Pioneering
    Options
    That’s great that the date went well and that you have planned a second date.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @surfygoose . yep planned the second date and did blocked the bowling is be in his town .
  • jason2234
    jason2234 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    i guess you have to get to know someone first?
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @jason yep i already know about to get know and second date didn't happen since he was ill but did arrange to next week . did tell me very early on that he couldn't make it .
  • jason2234
    jason2234 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    thats good 
    it will work out great for you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.