Hi, my name is Clownshoes! desperately need help with my energy bills — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Clownshoes! desperately need help with my energy bills

Clownshoes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am new to this & desperately need help with nmy energy bills as my debt is now over £2000. I applied to my supplier's energy fund but they have rejected my application & said that this would not benefit me as the debt would only rise again as I am not paying enough towards my usage. I am a 60 year old disabled lady who suffers from mental health issues & receive Universal Credit & PIP therefore I am only able to pay £150 a month towards my bills, however, my supplier is wanting £234.
This mounting debt is affecting my health & wellbeing & I really need some help & support with this. I anyone can give m3csome advice I would be really grateful.
Many thanks 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,590 Disability Gamechanger
    You can contact scopes disability energy support and they will advise you. Full details in this link. https://www.scope.org.uk/disability-energy-support/

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,879 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Clownshoes

    I see Poppy has shared the link to Scope's Disability Energy Support, I would encourage you to reach out to them, as they will be able to advise further. I was concerned as you mentioned it is taking a toll on your mental health, so I wanted to check in and see if you have support around you for that? 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Clownshoes
    Clownshoes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Just to say a massive thank you to Poppy123456 & Hannah_Scope for directing me to Scope's disability energy support. I have support around my mental health from my family & my GP but thank you for your concern


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.