LCWRA REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA REVIEW

Options
Smarties
Smarties Community member Posts: 29 Listener
Hi 

I am due a review of my LCWRA 

sent forms back in July so far heard no response 

it’s been 7 weeks 

is this normal! 

How do I know if I am going to have an assessment or if will be paper based will they just update me in my
journal 
thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it’s normal. If an assessment is needed you will be contacted by letter in the post. 

Most people have assessments so you should expect one. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. 

The only way you’ll know if you had a paper based assessment is if a decision is made without an assessment. When a decision is made a letter will be uploaded onto your journal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Smarties
    Options
    Hi poppy thank you 

how long do you think I will be waiting for one? What’s the longest period to wait for an assessment after returning the forms if needed? Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. I have no idea how long you'll be waiting. I'm sorry but it's impossible to answer that question for the longest wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 345 Pioneering
    Options
    Smarties said:
    Hi 

I am due a review of my LCWRA 

sent forms back in July so far heard no response 

it’s been 7 weeks 

is this normal! 

How do I know if I am going to have an assessment or if will be paper based will they just update me in my
    journal 
    thanks 
    I sent mine off July 2nd and have an interview for Thursday this week
  • Smarties
    Options
    I wish you good luck this Thursday I’m dreading mine but even just waiting it’s the nerve racking thing aswell! 

I sent mine off on the 5th so just after yours! 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 345 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you :) I think waiting times differs for different areas. Someone on here got an appointment shortly after sending their form off, I got my letter last week so waited 6 weeks roughly for the appointment letter
  • Smarties
    Options
    Thank you for that info and yes good luck I just want mine done and over with to be honest. Please keep us updated hope all goes well! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.