Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip Help

Options
k2407
k2407 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
hi does anyone know if when your on pip if you can get a advance payment / budgeting loan? by calling the dwp etc. if your short for money at the moment of time and they jus deduct a certain ammount off your upcoming payments until its paid off like Universal Credit does?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,976 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can't get an advance payment for PIP. You can only apply for those if you're claiming certain means tested benefits. 

or a budgeting loan if you're claiming either Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support.https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • k2407
    k2407 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456hi poppy yes i claim Pip And Universal credit so is it only UC ill be able to get a budgeting loan and not PIP? Thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,976 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's a budgeting advance, not a budgeting loan when claiming UC. Whether you're entitled will depend on your circumstances.

When you can get a budgeting advance

You can get a budgeting advance if you need the money to help you get or stay in work - like train tickets for a job interview. If you need the money for any other reason, you’ll need to have claimed one of these benefits for 6 months or more:

• Universal Credit
    • means-tested Jobseeker's Allowance,
    • means-tested Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Pension Credit

You'll also need to have earned less than £2,600 in the 6 months before your application. This figure is £3,600 if you live with a partner.

You can't get a budgeting advance if you or your partner is still paying off a previous budgeting advance.

Full details here. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/budgeting-advance/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.