If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I informed PIP that my condition has worsened and they have stopped it.

Options
Jon83
Jon83 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone. I'm Jon. 
I was originally awarded lower rate PIP for Cauda Equina. 
Post op has left me numb & weak below the waist with regular burning pains as a result of the nerves getting caught in the scar tissue. 
My condition has worsened with the addition of regular & severe cramps. 
I've tried all sorts including medications & exercises. Nothing alleviates it.
So I informed PIP of this & they sent me a form. 
I completed this with all of the original condition symptoms & the additional symptoms. 
They called for a telephone assessment where I reiterated everything I put in the form & they sent me a decision to say it's stopped with zero points on everything?
I've been through the mandatory reconsideration with the same outcome. Their assessment is totally contradictory to the information I provided. 
I've appealed to a tribunal now but I'm worried that I'll be stiched up so I'm wondering where I can source free representation for this?
Any information would be greatly appreciated. 
Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.