Lost mobile number — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost mobile number

life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
Lost my mobile and number and can't get the number back.

I'm on UC so can't sign in without the number.

Any ideas what happens next.

Do I have to go jobcentre to give new number?

Any advice welcome, thanks 👍


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,556 Disability Gamechanger
    Contact the helpline to ask if you can change your phone number. (assuming you now have a new phone)
    Universal Credit helpline
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 328 5644
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.