Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip appeal to tribunal advice needed

Options
gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
As usual I turn to this great site for help and advice I had a review and got a higher daily living in dec 2022 I was pleased but disappointed I got only 4 points for mobility the thing is I’ve been wanting to appeal to tribunal but find I’m scared ! I don’t go out and if I do it’s always with one of my daughters in their cars I used to be independent and go shopping on my own but don’t do that anymore for years now. Could I still appeal to tribunal ? The reason for the lateness is that I daily question their decision because I don’t go out I’m positive that question twelve of going on a journey on a bus or public transport unaided to an unfamiliar destination i would never even attempt now because I know I could not do it to any level or repeat it ! I suffer anxiety and probably ptsd I have a real problem with any situation even when I can’t get my girls on the phone or they’re out for the night I am in a state of hyper vigilance and I catastrophise everything in my mind which would make it impossible for me to go on transport and do a journey alone.. I already think the worst of what could happen if I attempted it which raises my anxiety levels even thinking about it . Could I appeal ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,976 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have 13 months to challenge the decision. If you haven't requested the Mandatory Reconsideration for this decision then you need to do that first. As you're outside of the 1 month timeframe then you'll need to tell them why you didn't request it within the first month. If they refuse you just proceed to Tribunal.

If you've already gone through the MR process then you can just request the Tribunal.

Do be aware that they will not take into consideration any worsening of condition since the assessment took place.

You said you don't go out unless someone is with you. Are you able to go out the majority of the days, even if someone is with you? If you can't then it's likely that 1E will apply, which would be 10 points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
    Options
    I don’t go out maybe once a week sometimes it’s once every three weeks so no and what does it mean worsening of the condition I was this bad when the phone consultation took place and the MR the decision maker rang me  but upheld their decision. i am worse because of the fibromyalgia but they never took that into consideration at the review as it was a new diagnosis but they were aware of the fibro but it’s not the fibro that I don’t go out it’s the anxiety and the overthinking and catastrophising what could go wrong ..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis so not having one at the time of your review wouldn't have made any difference.

For following and planning a journey then it does sound like 1E will apply because the majority of the time you're unable to undertake any journey.

However, fibro is a physical condition so depending on how far you can walk then it maybe possible to score some points in the moving around part, which could take you to Enhanced mobility.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jeanlafont
    jeanlafont Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    tribunal on what grounds of application process that they did not look into is the foundation question
    only you can answer .
  • gerrys6
    Options
    I don’t understand that question sorry ? 
  • gerrys6
    Options
    I don’t think they took into account or ignored me telling them since 2018 that I have such severe anxiety in particular this review in what should have been 2021 but coz of Covid was late etc I even had a phone call off them and I still said I don’t travel in a car alone never mind transport so I really don’t understand how they think that I could. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tribunal on what grounds of application process that they did not look into is the foundation question
    only you can answer .

With all due respect i'm finding some of your comments difficult to read. Again i'm not sure what you mean here, can you please explain.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.