If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is EDS19! Why hasn't my PIP been backdated?

Options
EDS19
EDS19 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my mobility increased to higher due to DDD the review was from July 23 Pip have decided not to backdate the payment! Is this due to the 750 allowance towards the Motability car? 

We hadn’t decided yet about the car (we are getting one now) this must be new policy, as was told yesterday on the phone to DWP that it’s up to the case managers discretion if they backdate the payment. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,177 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @EDS19 - & welcome to the community. With a review, then any change to your award is from the when a decision was made. Due to the long time some people have had with reviews, we have had members who have got backdated money, where others haven't, which seems a bit random. So unfortunately, you'll have to see what's decided.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to the community @EDS19!

I see Chiarieds has already answered your question beautifully, but I'll move this post to the relevant section so more folks can see it. :)   The backdating does seem to be at the case managers whim, so some get it, others don't.  

Any ideas on which car you might get? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • EDS19
    EDS19 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    We went for the Peugeot 2008, we chose this because of the boot size my chair will fit in the boot a treat plus extra space.

She also drives smooth with 6 gears and the front looks like a cat!! In grey as the deposit was lower plus I’m a fan of the color I think the only thing we didn’t get with her was a sunroof which is on the adverts, never mind I’m just so thankful I went for the review instead of continuing to struggle and thankful for the opportunity to be mobile and safe.

Btw, This also our first time with an automatic which should take the pressure off the hips; I’m totally relieved to being able to get a bit more independence back after struggling for such a long time. 

We are also grateful that you guy’s answered to my question it means so much. Thank you 🙏 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.