Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Finally done my WCA phone call

legendofall Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Just wanted to know will the DWP or WCA people (if it's same, sorry lol i'm not sure) contact my GP to collect medical evidence about my mental health and then make a decision, because I didn't send any evidence when I filled out the UC50 questionnaire. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,172 Disability Gamechanger
    It's the Health Assessment Advisory Service that deal with work capability assessments, not DWP. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is on you to prove you qualify, not their's. If they do contact anyone then it's usually a GP and they will be sent the UC113 form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.