LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
Mir
Mir Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I’ve received a reply regarding LCWRA that I was awarded on June. I first handed in my sick note on 11 Jan2023, they said no backdated and they started the 3 month period from when I had my assessment on May, just wanted to know if this is correct. I’ll attach their response.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. 

Was 11th Jan the date you actually reported your first fit note or was that the date on the fit note and you didn't report it until after that?

Were there any gaps in your fit notes?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mir
    Options
    The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. 

Was 11th Jan the date you actually reported your first fit note or was that the date on the fit note and you didn't report it until after that?

Were there any gaps in your fit notes?
    Fit note from the 11 January and I continued to provide till my assessment interview on May. On the reply they started the 3 month assessment from May.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In the screenshot you posted it says "3 months from the date you provided evidence" which is from the date you sent your first fit note. They have awarded from 25th May but they started the waiting period from 23rd June.

You are supposed to continue to send fit notes without any gaps right up until the decision was made.

You said this...

Mir said:
    Fit note from the 11 January and I continued to provide till my assessment interview on May. On the reply they started the 3 month assessment from May.
    You didn't answer my question, were there any gaps in your fit notes? What date exactly did your last fit note expired?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mir
    Options
    In the screenshot you posted it says "3 months from the date you provided evidence" which is from the date you sent your first fit note. They have awarded from 25th May but they started the waiting period from 23rd June.

You are supposed to continue to send fit notes without any gaps right up until the decision was made.

You said this...

Mir said:
    You didn't answer my question, were there any gaps in your fit notes? What date exactly did your last fit note expired?

I was handing in fit note from 11 January, last one ended on 7th April. I didn’t hand in after that because an assessment appointment was set for May.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You said you continued with the fit notes until your assessment in May but now you say your last fit note ended on 7th April. Please note that the advice i give is based on the information you give.

This will be why they haven't started it from your first fit note. You should have been receiving reminders to provide a fit note when your last one was about to expire.

They've awarded it from the date of the assessment but because that isn't a full assessment period then the waiting period starts from 23/6. This means their calculation is correct.

Why did you stop sending the fit notes? You can ask them to look at the decision again and give your reason why you didn't send any further fit notes. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision but as i advised fit notes are meant to be sent without gaps until the decision is made. 
  • Mir
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Thank You for your help, I wasn’t well at all around that time, and I wasn’t aware of the no gaps needed. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What about the fit note reminders, weren't you receiving any of those? 

You can ask them to reconsider the decision not to award from the date of your first fit note and tell them why you didn't provide anymore from 7th April. You may need to provide a fit note to cover you from 7th April right up until a decision was made.

If they change the decision and award from Jan then your waiting period will be Jan to April.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 23rd April to 22nd May and first payment would be 29th May. 

If they don't then it will be October.
  • Mir
    Options
    @poppy123456
    I was getting reminders. But I was not in the right frame of mind to do anything about them at the time. I have written to them explaining, will see what they reply back. Thank You
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.