GP Appointments - Digital Exclusions and GP Difficulties — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GP Appointments - Digital Exclusions and GP Difficulties

Ziggy1957
Ziggy1957 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi. This is my first post and I want to highlight the ridiculous situation with my surgery and face-to-face GP appointments that many may also identify with... My surgery has introduced the Anima app. So, even in person, I can't book a GP  appointment without going through the app. I was refused to do this in person and made a complaint. My complaint was responded to by sending me a link for my laptop. That took me all day to register... When I did manage to register - the site told me Anima was 'closed' for FOUR days!... I waited a week and tried in person at th surgery again... This time I was told I wasn't being 'refused' - but they 'couldn't' book me in - using Anima - because the app was 'closed' for that day!...
I don't understand why my surgery can't, with or without this app - let me book a face-to-face with a GP without going through the app... It's not like was asking for an immediate appointment that day or even in the next week... Just not at all - not unless I go through the Anima app - which never seems to be open when I try! ...
As an older person, a disabled person, a person with autism - all this is doing is frustrating and triggering me... Grrrr...
Tagged:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.