Mandatory reconsideration DLA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration DLA

Options
Louiseee38
Louiseee38 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi does anyone no how successful MR is with DLA ? My son got refused there 2 reasons I’m waiting for the paper work to come but one of the reasons was because apparently children don’t get seen by SALT until the child is 3 years of age but I sent in evidence to show them my son has been under them since he was 15 months old so I feel like the evidence wasn’t even looked at it couldn’t of been for her to to say children won’t be involved with salt until 3 but yeah I sent in evidence to clearly show he is under there services 🤦🏻‍♀️! 

So I have more evidence an up to date report from salt and a new report from the HV! 
I didn’t want to do a MR but my health visitor has said I should and salt have said I should 
I have heard once they say no then they very rarely go back on the decision so  in a way I’m like what’s the point but suppose I have nothing to lose if they say no again 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options

Heya @Louiseee38!  Sorry to hear they refused your son DLA.  I'd strongly suggest going forward with the MR, even if you've missed the one month deadline, don't worry as you can still ask up to 13 months after the decision.  I don't know the actual statistics of MRs, but I know many people have much more success when/if things progress to a tribunal, I think it's up to a 58% success rate now? 

There's lots of info here that talks you through it all, but we're all here to support you on your journey too. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Louiseee38
    Louiseee38 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    @Albus_Scope hi I haven’t missed the 1 month I’m getting everything sent of tomorrow I’m just hoping with all the evidence I have they will re look at it properly for me as I don’t feel like it was even looked at properly it couldn’t of done as non of it make sense to me and even the lady on DLA help line said I can see the evidence from salt so why they have said different I don’t no 🤦🏻‍♀️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.