Autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,569 Disability Gamechanger
I haven't been diagnosed yet with autism or adhd but I realised that any change makes me very anxious and tense . I've been asked today to change my routine on something and I'm feeling very very uneasy about having to change.  I want to carry on doing it my way not there way . Don't feel comfortable with the situation at all . Tried talking to them about it but it was a waste of time trying to talk to them .

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Options
    I do have a lot of autistic traits and a lot of Adhd traits too so i think it's likely I do have both or one of them . I know I'm not a diagnoser but when you notice things related to either or I think definitely. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Strawberry1, I was diagnosed last year as ASD and it didn't really come as much of a shock to me.  I'm rubbish with change!

Is this situation a change that could be done gradually so it's not quite as terrifying? Could you meet them halfway?  Is it a work related change?
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @Albus_Scope ,  really glad you got your diagnosis. Nice one . At present I'm not in work so no it's not work related .  It could be done gradually I suppose but it just a big change that's all . I'm starting a online group on Monday evening so maybe I can get some tips from the meetings.  I apologise your input its gratefully received. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Not a worry at all, we're all here to share our experiences. And I hope the online group is a great success. :)

Sometimes, as terrifying as it seems at the time, change can be good.  It's just getting from A to B that can be the struggle. I of course can't say "yes do this" as I don't know the situation, but sometimes meeting people half way can be good.

Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not being a nuisance.  I'm looking forward to starting the group sessions . They say change is as good as a rest and change can be good it's just awkward for me lol 😂.  Thanks again @Albus_Scope .
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Haha, yes change can feel amazing eventually, but actually doing it can be a big pain in the you know what.  :D
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    You are a gem 💎 @Albus_Scope . I chuckled for a moment.  Thank you again. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.