Hi, my name is JoeBeth24x! just wondering when I’ll receive my first payment of lcwra? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JoeBeth24x! just wondering when I’ll receive my first payment of lcwra?

JoeBeth24x
JoeBeth24x Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited November 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello I’m new here! I’ve recently been awarded LCWRA less then 2 days after assessment. My first fit note 25th September 2023. Been awarded today the 25th November 2023. My assessment period is the 2nd the 1st each month, just wondering when I’ll receive my first payment of lcwra. 

Kind Regards 
and best wishes 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,085 Disability Gamechanger
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be October 2023 to January 2024. LCWRA starts from 2nd Jan to 1st Feb and first payment will be 8th February 2024. No LCWRA element is owed.

My advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. The decision was made extremely fast.

If you or a partner were receiving any earnings since you sent your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 11,043 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I’m new here! I’ve recently been awarded LCWRA less then 2 days after assessment. My first fit note 25th September 2023. Been awarded today the 25th November 2023. My assessment period is the 2nd the 1st each month, just wondering when I’ll receive my first payment of lcwra. 

Kind Regards 
    and best wishes 
    I’ve only nudged in to give you a warm welcome from me and hope to see you around the fabulous Scope Family site 
  • JoeBeth24x
    Hello ah thank you so much for your help I though it would of been January first payment. 
  • JoeBeth24x
    My fit note was for 2months long 25th sep to 25th November and recently added new one on the 23rd November to the 23rd of January.
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2023
    Hello ah thank you so much for your help I though it would of been January first payment. 

No, it's Feb because you didn't give your first fit note until more than half way through the assessment period, which doesn't count because it has to be 3 full assessment periods. It's then paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of the 4th month because UC is paid 1 month in arrears.

2nd Sept to 1st Oct .. fit note provided 25th Sept, which doesn't count..
    2nd Oct to 1st Nov = 1 month
    2nd Nov to 1st Dec = 2 months
    2nd Dec to 1st Jan = 3 months
    LCWRA starts from 2nd Jan to 1st Feb and first payment 8th Feb.
    No further fit notes are needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JoeBeth24x
    Hi thank you so much for helping me and understand it I’m guessing I could ask my doctor to backdate my first fit note and ask universal credit to accept it as I was was meant to of seen my doctor the 1st of September and is there any way I could get a change of circumstances advance or anything now I’ve been awarded LCWRA. 

Many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    It's very unlikely that UC would accept a backdated fit note but you can try. Yes, you can ask for a change of circumstances advance payment but please be aware that this will need to be repaid back and your future UC payments will be reduced.
  • JoeBeth24x
    I have got a budgeting advance im still paying back. With no problems, okay i will give UC a ring tomorrow to find out if they will accept a backdated fit note. How much is a change of circumstance’s advance just wondering how I would go about getting one thank You so much for your quick responses this group is amazing! 
  • poppy123456
    You can ring the helpline to apply. You can apply for whatever your maximum UC entitlement is. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/universal-credit-advances

• JoeBeth24x
    Would I be able to still get one if one budgeting advance is still outstanding? And thank you I will them a call in the morning 
  • JoeBeth24x
    I wasn’t sure If I could still get one as there 2 different advances would you know if I could or no 

many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    A new claim advance or a change of circumstances advance is different to a budgeting advance. One does prevent claiming the other so you can still claim a change of circumstances advance if you're paying back a budgeting advance.
  • JoeBeth24x
    Okay thank you also one more thing, I didn’t know if I could as my 3month waiting period isn’t up yet so didn’t they if they would issue me a advance/ change of circumstances advance or anything so thought I would ask you I have popped a note in my journal 
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is apply. You may not get a response on your journal so you may have to ring them tomorrow. When you have LCWRA you don't have a work coach so getting a response isn't as quick.
  • JoeBeth24x
    Thank you so much for your help poppy. 
  • JoeBeth24x
    Hello just wondering how you get awarded lcwra for I don’t know how long I’ve been awarded does anybody know. 

Kind regards 
  • poppy123456
    Hello just wondering how you get awarded lcwra for I don’t know how long I’ve been awarded does anybody know. 

Kind regards 
    It’s an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. It doesn’t have an end date. 

When it’s time for your review you will receive a letter on your journal telling you they are referring you and the process starts again. 
  • JoeBeth24x
    Hi there again just want to confirm when I’ll receive my first payment of lcwra first sick note 25th September assessment period 2-1 had assessment 22nd November awarded 25th November 

msny thanks
  • poppy123456
    Hi there again just want to confirm when I’ll receive my first payment of lcwra first sick note 25th September assessment period 2-1 had assessment 22nd November awarded 25th November 

msny thanks
    I answered your question earlier in the thread here.
    LCWRA starts from 2nd Jan to 1st Feb and first payment 8th Feb.

• JoeBeth24x
    Hi there thank you for replying. I’m just wondering what my case manager means by this after I asked for a change in circumstances advance I will copy and paste what she has said to me here. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.