Hearing voices — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hearing voices

Options
Laura9567
Laura9567 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced hearing voices. I experience them very frequent but they have got worse. I also have been recently hearing sounds I've heard my front door being knocked on many times and there's no one there. I've been hearing male and female voices along with a women singing but it's not the usual type of singing you would hear from like a neighbour or anything, like a choir voice but on a microphone so loud but it sounded like it was coming from behind me. Quite scary to be honest 

Comments

• bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 197 Courageous
    Options
    Yeah I suffer from paranoid schizophrenia, I also hear voices but mainly when people are near me, I miss hear people standing near me and think they are talking about me, currently taking anti psychotics for dealing with this
  • Laura9567
    Options
    @bobby123 which psychotics do you take ? I'm on quetiapine 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,875 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Laura9567 said:
    I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced hearing voices. I experience them very frequent but they have got worse. I also have been recently hearing sounds I've heard my front door being knocked on many times and there's no one there. I've been hearing male and female voices along with a women singing but it's not the usual type of singing you would hear from like a neighbour or anything, like a choir voice but on a microphone so loud but it sounded like it was coming from behind me. Quite scary to be honest 
    Have you spoken to your GP about this? @Laura9567
  • Laura9567
    Options
    @Beaver79 yes they mentioned it could be due to trauma events that have happened, the ptsd. 
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 197 Courageous
    Options
    Laura9567 said:
    @bobby123 which psychotics do you take ? I'm on quetiapine 
    Risperidone
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @laura9567 I can understand how it must be frightening, has your gp referred you for any councilling or have they got a plan in place 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Laura9567, sorry to hear you're struggling with hearing voices and sounds, that does sound scary.

Do you have a mental health team helping you at the moment? Or is there anyone supportive around that you can chat things through with?

Welcome to the community, by the way. Hope you're doing okay today :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Waqas
    Waqas Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited November 2023
    Options
    yeh im registered paranoid schizo since 2013 but went very close to insane from 2008, those voices are jinn/shayateen sent by magicians they are not coming from people, its a curse on you from a magician, some when they see magic work on people they calm down and celebrate. Me personally ive heard those voices i thought were coming from other people or when they are saying something but i dont know what they are saying you are sort of almost believing you heard correctly when you didnt! Magic designed to inflict nothing but stress from magicians that hate you or the after effects of drugs meaning you see a point to life and its not drugs. Its called automatic promise against your life designed to cause nothing but anguish ive heard those voices break up as they where travelling to me on a few occasions and i knew that was jinn.
  • carbow32
    carbow32 Community member Posts: 115 Pioneering
    Options
    I am on Quetiapine too.  Which I would say has got it reasonably under control but I feel on the edge of psychosis all the time.  It is not a complete cure.  I hear things when I am not quite asleep properly like the door bell ringing and the washing machine coming on and the toilet being flushed etc.

In full psychosis I can get on a bus and believe everyone is talking about me.  I can't watch the tv because I think programs are based on me.  I believe my children are going to be abducted.

And lots of other things but I think I have just made myself look nuts enough.

With the anti psychotics I can reason with myself those things aren't true but can't see it at the time.

The side effects of the anti psychotics are horrendous for me though.  I am three stone heavier and they have paralysed my bowels.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Waqas Welcome to the community! I am going to pop an email across to you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.