Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Octopus Saver Session!

Options
Luchia
Luchia Community member Posts: 309 Pioneering
Hey everyone 

Don’t forget if you are with Octopus Energy(Smart Meter customers only) that a savers session is happening tonight between 5pm and 6:30pm!!
It’s also a double reward session and a chance to win £1111!

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,898 Scope online community team
    Options
    We'll be taking part here, so I'm hoping my laptop will be ok without power for an hour so I can finish work.  :D

It's definitely worth taking part if you're with Octopus Energy. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Luchia
    Options
    We'll be taking part here, so I'm hoping my laptop will be ok without power for an hour so I can finish work.  :D

It's definitely worth taking part if you're with Octopus Energy. 
    Really enjoyed the last one, Managed to get 1420 Octopoints so this one should be even more as it’s a higher reward and an extra half hour 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,301 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It won't let me sign up

The web page just stays loading permanently
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love this! I opted into every savings session last year and kept all my octopoints until the end. When I converted them I had £71 credit added to my account. 

66Mustang said:
    It won't let me sign up

Have you managed to sign up now? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Luchia
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    It won't let me sign up

It’s best to sign up the day before as the server gets flooded with requests on the day of the session 
  • Luchia
    Options
    I love this! I opted into every savings session last year and kept all my octopoints until the end. When I converted them I had £71 credit added to my account. 

66Mustang said:
    It won't let me sign up

Have you managed to sign up now? 
    It’s a great program, really happy it made a return, last year I ended up with £127 credit just from the Saver Sessions 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Thanks everyone

I managed to sign up :) 

I will make sure all my text is charged up before 5pm then unplug it all :D 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not with octopus but wondered what this even is?? Do they reward you for not using electricty during that hour??
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I'm not with octopus but wondered what this even is?? Do they reward you for not using electricty during that hour??

That's the basics of it yes.  We Often do it.  it's quite fun looking down the street to see who else is taking part. 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Luchia
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Sort of, you gain Octopoints which can be converted into cash for lowering your electricity usage during the session, Sessions can be anything from 1 to 3 hours, You also have a chance of winning £1111 credited to your account(Every session) and random prizes.
    Anyone signed up to the program also gets free electricity when the green energy generation is at a peak.
    The more you lower your electricity use the more points you gain. Last year I managed to get £127 credit to my account simply by doing the Saver Sessions.
    Most sessions are announced the day prior but they also do random ones(you only know by checking the app each morning for an unplanned one) which are worth considerably more points.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it’s fun to take part to see how much energy you save. My daughter and myself sit in the dark with nothing on for the whole time. It really does make you think about how much energy you would usually use. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I like using the time to listen to an audiobook or attempt some meditation. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Luchia
    Options
    We just swap to Battery backup so power wise nothing really changes but we get lots of Octopoints!

• Luchia
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good savers session! 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I quite enjoyed working in the dark actually.  :D
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Luchia
    Options
    Another session tomorrow has been announced! 
    Make sure to sign up early 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    All set for another 1.5 hours of working in the dark.  :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I don't use the PC in the dark, it is apparently bad for ones eyes. The cost of running a single LED bulb to light a room well outweighs the cost of rectifying any damage to my eyes!!!!

I enjoy the sessions as well, though. I am looking forward to today's one.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I have my blue light glasses and an LED keyboard, so it's not fully working in the dark, I can still see what I'm doing. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    What are blue light glasses??
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.