Hi, my name is joanna_c! Haven't received a text to say they have my report? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is joanna_c! Haven't received a text to say they have my report?

Options
joanna_c
joanna_c Community member Posts: 11 Listener
hi I'm new to joining but I have been reading some of the stories/comments  my question is I had my telephone assessment on Thursday 30th nov 2023 and still havent recieved a tx about dwp receiving my written report should I be worried ? 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nothing to worry about at all, some people receive text confirmations and some don't. It's highly likely that your assessment report is in 'audit' which in simple terms means the Assessment Provider are checking the quality of your assessors work before sending it off to DWP. They are sent electronically via an internal system so I hope that puts your mind at ease.
  • joanna_c
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me so fast I just hope I'm not waiting ages  I got my online application sent out on August 10th /23 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @joanna_c

As bg844 said, it is nothing to worry about. I also hope you are not waiting ages! Please keep us updated :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • joanna_c
    Options
    I'll keep u updated 👍🏼
  • Dibby1971
    Dibby1971 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hello I’m new here! I also had my assessment on Thursday 30th and have had nothing back to say received. This whole process is so stressful and takes SO long it’s crazy. 
    Wishing you well 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Dibby1971 Welcome to the community! :) I hope it isn't a long wait for you too! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • joanna_c
    Options
    Hey dibby ohhh so we both on point with each others progress fingers crossed we both hear bk real soon and get awarded fairly 
  • Dibby1971
    Options
    Absolutely! I actually called them and they gave me a number as they havnt received my report and was told it’s being checked to make sure the assessor was doing her job properly! As others have said x 
  • Dibby1971
    Options
    We can see who gets a decision first x
  • joanna_c
    Options
    Hopefully for us both we get them the same day x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Dibby1971 said:
    Absolutely! I actually called them and they gave me a number as they havnt received my report and was told it’s being checked to make sure the assessor was doing her job properly! As others have said x 

That means it's in an audit. Once it's completed then the report will be returned. The only downside to this is that it does delay the decision making process. The longest i've known a report be in audit for is 6 weeks and this was my daughters report back in 2017.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dibby1971
    Options
    It’s absolutely ridiculous the amount of time it takes. I first applied first week of October. 
    Thank you though 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Dibby1971 said:
    It’s absolutely ridiculous the amount of time it takes. I first applied first week of October. 
    Thank you though 
    To be fair, that timescale up to now is extremely fast!! 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dibby1971
    Options
    Is it? Wow! However that have said 8 weeks for decision from Thursday. Do you know if they prioritise cases? 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2023
    Options
    The timescale for a decision starts when the report is returned to DWP and then it can take up to 12 weeks. A decision can't be made until the report is returned.

The only cases they prioritise are those that are claiming because of end of life. Everyone else has to go through the process as normal and they do not prioritise those claimants.
  • joanna_c
    Options
    Hey everyone still heard nothing yet about my report being received by dwp. Dibby have u heard back yet?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    joanna_c said:
    Hey everyone still heard nothing yet about my report being received by dwp.
    You can ring the health assessment providers and ask if it's been returned. If it's in an audit they will tell you.
  • joanna_c
    Options
    I already did poppy and they've received it on the 2nd didnt gt a tx of notification but least its worth the assessors now 
  • Dibby1971
    Options
    Hello Joanna! 
    No still nothing to say they have it but reading messages on here I guess it may be a while but fingers crossed it’s this week! 
    Xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.