New home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New home

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,186 Disability Gamechanger
After being on the medical priority urgent list and placing bids on 5 properties since 9th August 2023, this morning I had a phone call from the housing officer offering me a 2 bedroom adapted house just 10 minutes from where I currently live. 

They are arranging for my Occupational Therapist to view the house with me next week to make sure it’s suitable. A stairlift will be installed free of charge. There’s also a wet room with a walk in shower.

Im excited but anxious too and didn’t quite expect it to be this quick! Just wanted to share my news with everyone. ☺️
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• Lottie1732
    Lottie1732 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Wonderful news!  Congratulations. So happy for you. 
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    I'm so happy for you and your daughter - getting a secure tenancy to a home suitable for your needs really is life changing. 
    It happened to me last year so I know how you are feeling right about now  B)
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 415 Pioneering
    Great news poppy i hope it all goes well for you,you deserve it :)
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    Oh Poppy, that's amazing news, I'm so happy for you! <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    congratulations early xmas pressie for you both 
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    Woohoo! That's great news! :)<3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    Thank you everyone! I’m very very excited and can’t wait to view it next week. It will be a new start in a new year! ❤️❤️
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    The organisational geek in me is thinking how good it must feel to sort everything into a new place! It's nice to hear it's only 10 minutes from where you are too. Does that mean you still stay in the same catchment area for your amenities too? 
    Hannah - She / Her

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,387 Disability Gamechanger
     That's brilliant Poppy x
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 423 Pioneering
    That’s great Poppy. Keep us updated how the visit goes.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 15,203 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @poppy123456 Fingers crossed it is what you want.
  • poppy123456
    Thank you all again! @Hannah_Scope yes, it’s the same local Authority so close to my elder daughter and grandchildren. I will still remain on housing benefit too because it’s the same local Authority so no benefits change, which is a good thing. 

I will update once I’ve viewed next week. It’s in a very nice area too and that’s a bonus. 
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 405 Pioneering
    That makes for a merry Christmas, Poppy & 2024 will certainly be a good one for you, well done! B)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,287 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy thats brilliant news you must be so pleased, any idea when the move will be? it's never too soon to start sorting out and starting some packing, hope you will both love the new home.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    @JessieJ thank you, it certainly does! @woodbine well it's taken them just over 1 month to offer me the house after the bidding ended lol. When i spoke to them today i asked how long it would take because Christmas is almost here and the thought moving before then just isn't possible. 

I was told that once i accept the property normally it's pretty quick after that. However because of my health conditions they maybe some changes that need to be made before i can move in. I'm hoping by the middle of January at the latest.

Once i've viewed it, if i accept then i will start packing... upstairs first. I've got boxes, bubble wrap and mattress protectors for moving all added to my basket on Amazon already. :D

Is there a way to "wave" a magic wand so that everything just moves from one place to another? ;):D
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,287 Disability Gamechanger
    🧙‍♂️<little wizard to help you  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 5,874 Disability Gamechanger

Aww so pleased for you Poppy that’s amazing news just before Christmas for you and your daughter.
    I know it’ll be a bit overwhelming too, but will be so worth it all, once yous are in. Yous will make it your home in no time.

Take care ❤️
  • perdita
    perdita Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Congratulations, such great news. Xx
  • poppy123456
    @woodbine thanks, i've put it in my keepsake box. B)@Lou67 thank you, it doesn't real at the moment.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 5,874 Disability Gamechanger

Once you go and view it next week things will be more real for you. 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.