Manipulation after total knee replacement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Manipulation after total knee replacement

Options
Ally07
Ally07 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi has anyone had manipulation done after they have had a knee replacement? My husband has been told he needs this doing & we have been wondering what it’s like after it has been done? Is it weeks of more physio? Or just as long as you move it your ok? 
He had his knee done at the end of august & it’s been a nightmare both  mentally & physically since! He regrets having it done! 
Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ally07

Welcome to the community! :) 

I'm sorry to hear your husband has had to have an operation and further manipulation. I don't have a lot of knowledge about it, but hope our lovely community members will be able to help support :) I wanted to check in that you both have support around you? If either of you needed to talk to someone, I would encourage you to go to the GP or maybe even reach out to SHOUT who are a brilliant 24/7 mental health texting service. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ally07
    Ally07 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    thank you for your reply, most of the time we are fine, the recovery has been worse than what we were lead to believe then having to have it manipulated & months more of physio it has caused a lot of arguments between us & there doesn’t seem any end in sight! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.