LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
jkharv05
jkharv05 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi Poppy,

I can see you have been really insightful into peoples questions and I’m just wondering if I could ask you a question in regards to my LCWRA. 

So I’ve been awarded LCWRA recently (December 18th 2023)

I declared the change in health on July 25th 2023 and that’s when the evidence was uploaded. 

My assessment period runs from 22nd to the 21st each month could you please help me with when I would receive my LCWRA element and any back payment. As I haven’t understood the advisor in the journal too well as they’re saying I’m still in the 3 month waiting period. But would I not be 5 months into the waiting period on the 21st of this month when my current assessment period ends and should I expect to receive my LCWRA element on this months payment.

Any help would be massively appreciated thank you so much!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be as follows... August/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov.. LCWRA starts from 22nd Nov to 21st Dec and first payment should be 28th December. No LCWRA element is owed. 

This is because there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The extra money then starts from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

If you didn't previously have the work allowance and yourself or a partner were receiving earnings since you reported your health condition then you will be owed some money from that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jkharv05
    jkharv05 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy!

Thats very insightful thank you so much for your help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're very welcome. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • KelMarie
    KelMarie Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    Hi just wondering if someone can help me please I’ve been putting in fit notes since 4/4/23 & had my assessment on the 13/12/23 got a note in my journal today 29/12/23 saying I been put into lcwra where I was on lcw before hand now I’m wondering when my first payment will be my uc is paid on the 8th of each month I don’t receive extra for lcw as was put onto that in 2018 with the back date which month will that start from is it June or July thank you in advance 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    KelMarie said:
    Hi just wondering if someone can help me please I’ve been putting in fit notes since 4/4/23 & had my assessment on the 13/12/23 got a note in my journal today 29/12/23 saying I been put into lcwra where I was on lcw before hand now I’m wondering when my first payment will be my uc is paid on the 8th of each month I don’t receive extra for lcw as was put onto that in 2018 with the back date which month will that start from is it June or July thank you in advance 

Did you report changes to your health condition and this prompted another referral for the WCA? If so then the extra money will be paid from the assessment period in which you reported the changes/provided your first fit note, which will be 2nd April to 1st May and first payment will be 8th May 2023. There's no waiting period for you because you already had LCW.
  • KelMarie
    Options
    Yes I did report a change in my health again on the 4/4/23 because my work coach till me too as my health had gotten worse as I have a lot of different health conditions but in April I was diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa (hs) I also had arthritis in most of my joint as will as other problem I don’t get any extra payments for lcw as I was put onto that after April 2017 which doesn’t count for the extra element on uc so would that still apply for no waiting period or not thank you poppy123456 for your reply 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Money owed will be paid separately your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. First they need to recalculate your past statements to work out how much you've already received, against what you should have received. You will then be paid the difference between the two. Once it's done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much it is and it will be paid into your bank.

The new statements will replace your existing ones so if you want to keep copies of those you should do that now.
  • KelMarie
    edited January 20
    Options
    Hi all anyone got any idea how long a mandatory reconsideration takes at all only been two weeks last Wednesday did asks on journal Tuesday but was told I would be let known in due course via journal when a decision is made but no time line was given to me it just the decision for lcwra only took 2 weeks & that was also over Christmas my assessment was 13/12 decision was on my journey 28/12 it taking longer for this one to be made at minute 
    thank you in advance 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @KelMarie, unfortunately there's no time limit on MRs, it depends how busy they are, but can be anything from a few weeks to a few months.  I think average wait time is around 8 weeks currently? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.