Pet grief — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pet grief

Options
gigi2023
gigi2023 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I've been so bad with my anxiety lately just hate being around people now tonight I lost my beautiful cat I already hate xmas and now this just hate everything right now 

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    O my goodness. 
    I am so so sorry. 
    Sending healing blessings 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm so sorry @gigi2023. I know you've said you aren't wanting to be around people but I'm wondering if it would be a comfort to you while you're grieving? Do you have much support from family or friends?
    Sending you Christmas wishes and hope you're doing as well as you can. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,402 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gigi2023 Sorry to hear about your cat, it is devasting when we loose a pet. Take care.
  • gigi2023
    Options
    Thanks all. Got my children but my boys just play games in their room my little girl was upset and tells, me not to mention it my husband just plays on his game. I will get up today to make the dinner as I can't waste the food. Just feel like it's, been a **** year and ended worse that cat was like, my baby their part of the family just so heartbroken 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The loss of a pet is awful and at I can only imagine even worse today
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Nashota
    Nashota Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your cat, I know how you feel, I also hate this time of year, we lost our dog in March due to vet incompetence, plus my dad passed at this time of the year, so it's always bad for me anyway, but the whole thing with my dog made me feel so much worse this year.

Sending you lots of hugs.
  • gigi2023
    Options
    So sorry to you too it's a bad month anyway for us my baby was due Dec 15th so again another reminder. I got up to make everyone dinner but I'm going to bed again. Sending love to you too 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    I hope you've had a good rest @gigi2023 and managed to eat some of the meal you prepared. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • gigi2023
    Options
    I sorted of rested a little had some tears my young son said try not to think of it mum but it's hard. I managed to eat I did it for my family so least they enjoyed their food. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.