Would I qualify for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I qualify for PIP?

Options
prezz11
prezz11 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 3 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hiya just wondering if anyone could help me I'm 32 years of age I have been having severe back problems since 2016 which I have never seen or been transferred to a physio I can't sit down for a long period of time or walk too far either I have to get help from family members when it gets soo bad I have been back and forth to the doctor's at least 4/5 times a year I have had 2 MRi and due another one and only now been referred to an otherpedic doctor it gets soo bad I can't walk drive or even dress myself I have been told I have 4 bulging discs I'm not sure how I go about things or if I would even qualify for pip I have lost many jobs over the years due to this and it's just never going away it's always coming back and it's effecting my metal health and general daily living x

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @prezz11 although like many I suffer with back pain. Caused by tumours growing on my spine. I can’t advice you. But many on here probably can. 
    I can say it’s my personal believe that you have to hound your doctor. I was often told by Gps it’s just ware n tear. My age or my arthritis as I have that in my joints. I stopped mentioning it to the doctor believing it was just my age. Even though it still cripples me. 
    But then I started to feel the lumps which became painful. And finally had a MRI scan. And hey presto. 

So don't do what I did and stop complaining. Push and nag. 

Good luck. 

I only replied to you to welcome you to our Scope Family. 
    And hope to see you in our coffee lounge and games room. 

Sending hugs 🤗 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @prez11 and a belated welcome to the community from me too. :)

I was just checking in to see if you'd had any progress with PIP? Did you apply in the end? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.