Lwrca backdate worries — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwrca backdate worries

Options
Draydray
Draydray Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 5 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi guys, 

TLDR: Any one have experience with a gap in fit notes and backdate. (Had the fit note, universal credit could not let me in my account during part of the period so uploading it was missed). 

Thank you for having a forum and community to help people put their minds at ease.

Basically I have been handing sick notes in to universal credit since the 18th October 2022, 

I have been awarded pip in the meantime.

Now I was going through my fit notes that have been uploaded onto my journal, these have been continuous and overlapping in this time other than one “period”.

Below are my dates, 

18 Oct 2022  -  HEALTH CHANGE REPORTED

24th Oct 2022 - 23rd Nov 2022  - FIT NOTE ACCEPTED
23rd Nov 2022 - 23rd Jan 2023   - FIT NOTE ACCEPTED
10th Jan 2023 - 30th Apr 2023     - FIT NOTE ACCEPTED

1st May 2023 - 6th July 2023  - FIT NOTE ISSUED 

6th Jul 2023 - 17th Aug 2023         - FIT NOTE ACCEPTED
7th Jul 2023 - 1st Sept 2023           - FIT NOTE ACCEPTED
1st Sep 2023 - 22nd Dec 2023     -  FIT NOTE ACCEPTED
23rd Dec 2023 - 22nd Mar 2024 - FIT NOTE ACCEPTED

As you can see above the only break is one fit note between 1st may and 6th July. (My fit notes have often come in 3 month chunks other than around surgery).

Now I had this fit note issued (albeit late) (most of my notes have been submitted late but accepted as above due to my condition and not speaking / having the ability for appointments).

I could not upload the fit note, as I was having an episode for a couple of months essentially, and had lost my phone. Universal credit on multiple calls miss advised me, and told me I can not change my number without going in which was impossible due to being unable to leave the house. (They after 2 odd months finally changed the number on the phone). 

Due to this: I had the fit note, but it never got uploaded. 

I have put all my case forward through the journal, and offered to send them the fit note for when they can see I had no access to my account. 

I’m now worried. I know I’m entitled to this backdate, I know they made it near on impossible to do anything with my account in this period. And would very likely win a tribunal.

I’m just so worried trusting them to do the right thing, based on the other mistakes the careless agents have made. (ie in that period around June causing sanctions despite me calling them and asking if I had commitments etc, being told no just wait for a call, then being sanctioned 3 weeks later, for missing an appointment from before I called! Then rejecting my reconsideration because I apparently never called, when it shows I called and asked!!) sorry for the rant lol.

Does any one have any experience in gaps in fit notes and backdate? 

Thank you 

Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.