Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

So angry why won’t no one help !

Options
apples
apples Community member Posts: 249 Courageous
Hi all

i was referred to adult mental health at the council in the beginning of December I received a phone call from a student social worker who asked me lots of questions and said I would be referred to social services, I asked if it would be before Xmas and was told it should be as it’s been flagged.

heard nothing so was ringing to find out since last Thursday with no answer, I finally got through today to be told that she was moving departments but I have been referred for floating support and was given the number for single point access, I mentioned to this social worker I’m not interested in talking I need action and was told they can refer me to appropriate services

i plucked up the courage to ring and was told they are just a talking service and they can’t refer me !! It’s made me so angry why lie to me why will no one help !

im struggling where I’m living, I can’t relax due to the noise, I’m not eating or sleeping and suffer dizziness and chest and headaches, I get in bed with my heart racing and I’m sweating

when I went to my gp he wants me to go to S&P which as much as I want to I find it hard to be around people let alone getting there 

sorry for the rant

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,674 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @apples, no need to apologise, we're always here when you need to rant. Sorry this has happened to you, that sounds really upsetting. 

When you say your GP wants you to go to S&P, what do you mean? Sorry to ask you to clear this up for me, I've not heard this term before.

How are you feeling about it today?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • apples
    edited January 11
    Options
    Hi @Rosie_Scope

it was a typo I meant A&E 

I still feel the same today if not worse I phoned the MH team I was referred to to as I need action not talking but they couldn’t even find me on their system even tho I gave an email from them

i asked to speak to manager / supervisor but they wouldn’t let me and said someone will call me back today and nothing !

my accommodation is really making me ill I just don’t know where to go for help anymore 

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,674 Scope online community team
    Options
    @apples, That doesn't sound good at all, I'm really sorry you're not getting the help you need. A&E can be a really stressful place to be if you already struggle being around people, but please do consider going if you're feeling really unsafe. 

Are you renting privately at the moment, or is your accommodation provided by the council?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,751 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh @apples :(<3 I'm so sorry you're suffering!! The mental health service is honestly just a shambles. Am I remembering right that you have or suspected ASD too??

With your housing, what's the situation there?? Are you on a list to move? 
  • apples
    Options
    Hi @Rosie_Scope @Biblioklept

im in private rented, it was a house that’s been converted into 9 rooms and the landlord is a rogue keeps changing his name I guess to avoid paying utility bills

thats right I am waiting the assessment for the asd but it’s at least 2 years away

the council won’t allow me to register and bid on council properties and that is what I need for the stability and that the council will act with asb 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    apples said:

the council won’t allow me to register and bid on council properties
    Why won't they let you? Is it because you haven't lived in the area for a certain length of time?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • apples
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456

the council where I was born & lived for 37 years and my family live won’t allow me as I’m not homeless, the borough I got moved to and am currently living is because I haven’t lived here for x amount of years

im hoping that the floating support can help 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,154 Scope online community team
    Options
    @Apples have you looked through the housing register policy to see if there are any exceptions that apply to you for either council boroughs? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • apples
    edited January 12
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope

i haven’t looked as I find it difficult to make sense of it 

I’ve since been told I’m open to MINT still and they’re going to contact me, but I’m going tell them I’m not interested in talking or meds I need action otherwise they can close my case 
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,031 Pioneering
    Options

apples, I'm sure Albus is right where you have or had links to another area - ring for an application form to go on their register if online is tricky 

It's important to stay hydrated if you're not eating well. Protein is essential for brain function and sleep too.

Try not to shut down any support you're offered. It could be misinterpreted as you not needing any  

• apples
    Options
    Hi @WhatThe, many thanks for the reply

social services have appointed this floating support to help me with forms as SS say I have no care needs so I’m hoping they can help

i have a protein shake a day that’s my source of food 

as for not taking help offered my MINT service is terrible has 2 stars on review and talking about my problem isn’t going to fix it I had talking therapy through MINT which ended last year as I was discharged as it wasn’t working they couldn’t offer anything more for me 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.