Hi, my name is jamie8093! Do PIP decision texts come through at a certain time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jamie8093! Do PIP decision texts come through at a certain time?

jamie8093
jamie8093 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited January 11 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi new here , so i had my pip assessment report in the post scored 11 for daily living and 10 for mobility , so just waiting on decision , are txt usually sent between 8 and 9 am as that's the pattern i see , or could you get a reward txt at anytime during the day ? Thanks 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,618 Scope online community team
    Hi @jamie8093, welcome to the community!

That's interesting, I've not heard that there's a particular time for the texts before but perhaps some of our members might know! I'll move your post over to our PIP section where more people with the right experience can find it and reply. Fingers crossed your decision comes through soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,839 Scope online community team

And a big welcome from me too!

From experience, I've had texts come through any time between 8am and 2pm.  
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • jamie8093
    Ok thanks for replys , just seen lots of posts in recent months and most i seen between 8 and 9 am they received txt , also is it rare for a decision maker to go against the accessors advice in report from capita ?
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,839 Scope online community team
    No problem Jamie. :)

It is fairly rare for that to happen yes. But if you don't agree with what is said, you are welcome to put in for a mandatory reconsideration and if you disagree with that, you can go to a tribunal, which has a 68% success rate, so it's well worth doing.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed for a first time win for you. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • jamie8093
    Thankyou , and let's hope so as capita last scored me 11 for daily living and 10 for mobility , so that should be enough for standard rate , was no way i get enhanced rate , let's hope they agree .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessor doesn't score points, they make recommendations only. One a decision maker can score you points. Whilst they mostly go with the report, it has been know for them to go against it but it's rare.

A lot of members here do report having a text just after 8am but not everyone receives a text if there's an award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jamie8093
    Hi poppy , i was using a template from somewhere and it showed what each answer was worth in points i used that against the boxes the accessor ticked , that's how i got the score 
  • poppy123456
    Yes i know but as i advised it's a recommendation only.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Substantialmind
    Substantialmind Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I was approved and I got no text message saying I was — I found out by pure chance 
  • poppy123456
    I was approved and I got no text message saying I was — I found out by pure chance 
    They don’t always send a text. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.