Won tribunal, lcwra backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won tribunal, lcwra backpay

Options
jadeyy
jadeyy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 11 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, i reported a change in health on the 18 nov 2022 & provided a sick note without gaps from 24 nov 22 until a desicion was made in june 2023 after my wca 

the first desicion made was that i was fit for work, after a mandatory reconsideration i was awarded lcw. i made an appeal & won my appeal at the tribunal & was awarded lcwra a couple days ago

will i be owed any backpay, if so how much?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When the extra money is paid from will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month. Most likely from either March or April based on the information you gave.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jadeyy
    Options
    okay, thanks for letting me know
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you can answer the question i asked i can tell you exactly when it's paid from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jadeyy
    Options
    my universal credit payment is split into 2 each month, im usually payed on the 7th & 23rd of every month
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. That means your waiting period will be Dec 2022 to Feb 2023 and first payment will be 7th March 2023.

It can take up to 8 weeks to put your award into payment after a Tribunal win. Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money. First they need to recalculate your past statements to work out how much you've already receieved against what you should have received. You will then be owed the difference between the 2. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal.

Please note, once your statements have been recalculated they will replace your existing ones so you may want to take copies of those before that happens.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @jadeyy I can see you've been getting some top help from Poppy, but I just wanted to stop in and give you a lovely warm welcome to the community and congratulations for your result. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • jadeyy
    Options
    Hello, thanks for ur help poppy. I've taken screenshots of the previous statements. On my desicion notice letter it says "any recommendation given below does not form part of the tribunals desicion and is not binding on the secretary of state. The tribunal recommends that the department does not reassess appellant within 24 months from today's date"

Does this mean that dwp could still reassess me in a year for example, if they wanted to?
  • jadeyy
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me to the community albus & yea poppy has been really helpful ☺️
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, they can reassess you at anytime. The timescale given is just a recommendation.
  • jadeyy
    Options
  • jadeyy
    Options
    hello, ive got a letter on my journal about my lcwra backpayment, it says im entitled to a payment from 18th febuary 23 - 17th december 23. is this correct?  i thought the backpayment would go upto january 7th 2024. The tribunals desicion was made on the 9th jan
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Did you have the LCWRA element included in this months statement? If you did then those dates are correct. 
  • jadeyy
    Options
    Hello, it was included in Januarys statement but I received half the lcwra monthly payment only on the 24th Jan. The lcwra payment for the month is split into 2 like my universal credit is. Instead of getting £168 on the 7th & 23rd I now get £363.

The amount calculated for the backdated period 18feb - 17dec 23 was £3829.04, is that correct?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm afraid I can't tell you the exact figures because it will depend on what amount of UC you already received during that period. The LCWRA element will also include two different rates, one for before the April 2023 increase and another for the increase from April 2023. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.