Waiting for PIP decision - mostly positive assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP decision - mostly positive assessment report

Pan
Pan Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hello,

I started my application for PIP mid October 2023 and got a paper-based assessment. We only had the HP call my spouse a couple of times for clarification. On Monday we got the message that the DWP got the report, we got a copy the next day after requesting it. I don't 100% agree with everything the HP has written to be honest. But from the ticks on the report we can see she suggests 14 points daily living, 10 mobility. So I feel like no point in complaining. 

However, how likely is it that the DWP will follow the HP report? I am really trying not to get my hopes up but I am really nervous 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,858 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 12
    Hi @Pan - & welcome to the community. The DWP decision maker does usually go with the assessor's recommendation, but very occasionally they don't. Here's hoping for a good outcome for you :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.