How is your day going?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,318 Online Community Coordinator
    No need to stay quiet @Ada we're all here to chat. :) 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    edited January 19
    I agree @Ada with Albus , don't worry about making a mistake either because  this forum is a safe space :smiley:
  • 66Mustang
    Heya @66Mustang! Yes I had some holiday I needed to use up, so I've had almost a week off. Lots to catch up on here though. 
    I think you can tell if you like your job if you have lots of leave to use up.

My Dad loves his new job and has until the end of March to use 150 hours which is 20 days for a 7.5 hour day ... his line manager is practically begging him to take leave!!!!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

Workmen were up the loft earlier that’s the work up there finished. Just got a joiner in doing work now. 
    My heads really sore just feeling stressed. 🙄

@Ada
    The thing  @Beaver79 is speaking about was in an email from Scope. 
  • Albus_Scope
    edited January 19
    66Mustang said:
    Heya @66Mustang! Yes I had some holiday I needed to use up, so I've had almost a week off. Lots to catch up on here though. 
    I think you can tell if you like your job if you have lots of leave to use up.

My Dad loves his new job and has until the end of March to use 150 hours which is 20 days for a 7.5 hour day ... his line manager is practically begging him to take leave!!!!

haha, yup, I've still got a few days to use up.  But I'm always happy to be here and helping you all. :)

I hope the workmen leaving will help your stress levels @l@Lou67   I hate having strangers in the house.
  • Rumi
    Rumi Community member, Scope Member Posts: 5,621 Empowering
    @Albus_Scope welcome back 
  • Albus_Scope
    Thanks @Ada and @Rumi I hope you haven't been too sad without me. ;) 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,425 Championing
    Glad it's done now @Lou67 hopefully you can rest when they've gone.
    It is a bit nippy today

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,450 Championing
    Keep telling yourself it'll be lovely when it's all done @Lou67,that's how I get through the noise and the mess when we have workmen in.
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 19
    We have workmen in the house next door to us today, they are making a lot of noise. The house next door to us is a rental and the fence blew down in the storms the other week. The landlord likes saving the pennies (nothing wrong with that, man after my own heart) and fixed the fence himself, it took him 2 days to do 3 panels. They are doing the other bit of fence so I think he must have decided to get the professionals in!!
  • Lou67

@Sandy_123
    Oh yes thank goodness I don’t think I could’ve coped much longer lol 
    Yes it’s cold here but nothing like it’s been thankfully.
    Hows you doing.

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Im ok wasn't feeling too well last night, but better this morning. Having an easy day
  • Lou67

@Teigr
    Oh I know it’ll definitely be worth it, i hopefully won’t be having to clean black soot from everywhere.
    I hope your good.

@66Mustang
    Workmen definitely know how to make a lot off noise lol 
    How are feeling today.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    I'm good thanks @Lou67 noise doesn't bother me too much, we live next to a railway line so have to be used to the trains going past ha ha.

How are you :) ?
  • Teigr
    Not too bad thanks @Lou67,I've just had the estimates for the wood burner installation.

I haven't opened them yet though.I'll need a shot of gin in my coffee first.
  • Sandy_123
    Our neighbours have work men in their bathroom @66Mustang for the last 3 days. 

Oh no @teigr make that a double
  • Teigr
    Ring me in ten minutes to make sure I'm okay @Sandy_123
  • Teigr
    Next door have had workmen doing their bathroom since the end of November and they've still not got a door on it.
  • Lou67

@Teigr
    Oh good luck with that Teigr.

@66Mustang
    Oh I stayed in front of a railway for years, your right after time you don’t even hear it lol 

Im ok thanks was a bit stressed earlier but just need to pull my big girl pants up and get on with it 😂

• 66Mustang
    I am off to walk the dog in the cold, see you all later :)