Should I have this document if I claim UC? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I have this document if I claim UC?

Clare3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have recently applied for PIP and have been asked to provide proof of identity. 

One of the things I can send is a Proof of benefits letter. I'm wondering what exactly this letter is? Is this something I should already have if I'm already claiming Universal Credit? 
I've tried googling it and it suggests I log into my Universal credit account to get one but doesn't actually tell me what or where it is? 
Is it the same thing as a monthly universal credit statement?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,137 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, you can download a statement for UC. When claiming UC if you have access to an online journal, it's a digital claim so you won't receive any letters in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.