Hi, my name is Ty18!haven’t received my payment for limited capability. When will I receive this pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ty18!haven’t received my payment for limited capability. When will I receive this pay

Options
Ty18
Ty18 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 21 in Universal Credit (UC)
I uploaded my fit notes consistently of each month starting from the 13th of June. I sent back the letter in August 2023 and had my phone call on the 27/11/23 which I was accepted now it’s the 21/01/24 and haven’t received my payment for limited capability. When will I receive this payment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will only be entitled to extra money if the decision was Limited Capability For Work Related Activity. (LCWRA) 

If the decision was Limited Capability For work (LCW0 there's no extra money each month.

If it was LCWRA what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @Ty18 and welcome to the community, I hope you're doing great today?

I can see one of our super smart regulars is already helping you, but I wanted to just stop in and say hi. :)

If you wanted to stick around and have a chat with people, I recommend our Coffee Lounge, or if you wanted to play a few games, our Games Room is the place to be. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Ty18
    Options
    I usually get my payments 26th of each month. I was accepted on the 17.12.23 for LCWRA so when will I receive the payment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your waiting period will be June to Sept.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 20th Sept to 19th Oct and first payment would be 26th October 2023. This means up to now they owe you 3 months LCWRA element.

Money owed will be paid separately to you usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ty18
    Options
    Thank you for your response so will I receive my payment end of February 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You should have already been receiving the extra money by now. When was the decision made? As i advised your first payment should have been October 26th 2023.
  • Ty18
    Options
    The decision was made on the 17th December 2023 that’s when I got the the letter through 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim?

If not, were there any gaps in your fit notes? because this can affect when the extra money is paid from.
  • Ty18
    Options
    No I’m the only person on my claim, and there’s no gaps between my fit notes 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask about the LCWRA element, tell them it hasn't been included in your statements yet. Also mention that your calculations say that your first payment should have been 26th October because you provided your first fit note on X date.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.