Hi, my name is MeanGreenBeans! When will my first LCWRA payment be? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MeanGreenBeans! When will my first LCWRA payment be?

Options
MeanGreenBeans
MeanGreenBeans Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 27 in Universal Credit (UC)
i was just wondering when my first payment will be if my first assessment period for LWRCA falls between 24th December 2023 to 23rd January 2024? They said I’d get paid after this period for 3 months afterwards ending on march 24th
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be easier if you could tell me what date exactly you reported your heath condition/provided your first fit note? Once I know the answer to that then I can tell you when your first payment should be because they don't always get the waiting period correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @MeanGreenBeans, welcome to the community. I like your username, by the way!

I'm sure you're well on your way to finding an answer to your question with Poppy, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome. Just so you know, I've moved your post over to our Universal Credit section. It's nothing you've done wrong, it's just so more members can find it should you need any extra support.

Hope you'll find the community a friendly and helpful place to be :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    It would be easier if you could tell me what date exactly you reported your heath condition/provided your first fit note? Once I know the answer to that then I can tell you when your first payment should be because they don't always get the waiting period correct.
    Before the 23rd or 24th of November I sent it
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That doesn't tell me the exact date, which is what I asked for. Based on the information you gave then your first payment will potentially be your April payment.

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month, which first payment being the end of that month. It's not paid at all during the waiting period. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    They said I’d get paid after the first assessment period which is between 24th Dec and the 23rd Jan on my UC journal when I asked them about it and another person said I’d be getting paid on the 24th or after the 24th of February I’m just confused and really need to know what’s going on I handed my last known fit note on the 26th of August before the 11th of September when I first got notified about LWRCA and got sent the form to fill out. They also said 20th of November was the middle of my assessment period idk what for but that’s another thing they stated.
  • MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    That doesn't tell me the exact date, which is what I asked for. Based on the information you gave then your first payment will potentially be your April payment.

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month, which first payment being the end of that month. It's not paid at all during the waiting period. 
    ^^^^^
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Any advice I give is based on the information you give. When providing information it's better to tell me all of it rather than little bits at a time because it makes it almost impossible to give you the correct advice. 

I handed my last known fit note on the 26th of August 
    What was the end date of that fit note? were there any gaps in the fit notes? You are supposed to provide fit notes without gaps until a decision is made on the work capability assessment. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

When was the decision made on the work capability assessment?

• MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    Any advice I give is based on the information you give. When providing information it's better to tell me all of it rather than little bits at a time because it makes it almost impossible to give you the correct advice. 

I handed my last known fit note on the 26th of August 
    What was the end date of that fit note? were there any gaps in the fit notes? You are supposed to provide fit notes without gaps until a decision is made on the work capability assessment. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

When was the decision made on the work capability assessment?

The fit note lasted from 11th of August 2023 to September 11th 2023 after that I didn’t send them anymore fit notes so let’s say there was maybe one gap between that and when the UC approached me about LWRCA on the 11th of September after that I completed the form they sent me and they awarded me LWRCA on the 24th in my journal and on that note in my journal it reads “ Regarding your limited capability for work assessment payment, you were awarded limited capability for work and work related activities on 20 November 2023. 

It is then paid for 3 full assessment period after this date as 20 November 2023 is in the middle of your assessment period. 

So the first full period after your award date is 24 December 2023 to 23 January 2024. So your first payment will be made after this period and you will be paid every month after this for 3 months, ending on 23 March 2024.

If you have any questions about this, please leave a message in your  journal. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    This will be why you haven't yet received any extra money because you didn't send any further fit notes after 11th September. You're supposed to continue to send them right up until the decision is made on the work capability assessment. Didn't you receive any reminders that you needed to provide another fit note? 

This is why they are starting your waiting period from 24th December as that will be the first full month. For this reason your waiting period is Dec to March.. LCWRA element starts from 24th March to 23rd April and first payment will be 30th April 2024. No LCWRA element is owed. 
  • MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    no they never told me about sending in fit notes at all they just sent me a note in my journal giving me a heads up that they were gonna send me a form to fill out because they wanted to investigate my disability that turned out to be the LCWRA form nothing about a fit note then they cancelled my upcoming appointments and that’s it made me sign something that stops me having to go into the job centre for meetings
  • MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    This will be why you haven't yet received any extra money because you didn't send any further fit notes after 11th September. You're supposed to continue to send them right up until the decision is made on the work capability assessment. Didn't you receive any reminders that you needed to provide another fit note? 

This is why they are starting your waiting period from 24th December as that will be the first full month. For this reason your waiting period is Dec to March.. LCWRA element starts from 24th March to 23rd April and first payment will be 30th April 2024. No LCWRA element is owed. 
    ^^^^^^
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you reported your health condition, if you did this by "reporting a change of circumstances" and then click "health condition" then it should have prompted you to send a fit note.

How did you know you needed to send a fit note at the start? Just curious. 

What you agreed to (signed) when the decision was made will have been your claimant commitments. Which will be to agree to report any changes.
  • MeanGreenBeans
    Options
    When you reported your health condition, if you did this by "reporting a change of circumstances" and then click "health condition" then it should have prompted you to send a fit note.

How did you know you needed to send a fit note at the start? Just curious. 

What you agreed to (signed) when the decision was made will have been your claimant commitments. Which will be to agree to report any changes.
    I didn’t know you had to send in a fit note at all for them I just sent in my fit note because that’s what I was asked to do by my work coach if I couldn’t make meetings
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can only tell you what the rules are. You can ask if you can provide a backdated fit note and would they consider starting the waiting period from when you first provided the first fit note. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.