Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Nest pension pot withdrawal

Options
WhiteRabit
WhiteRabit Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 16 in Work and employment
Hi.

im currently out of work due to ill health. I’m struggling with money. I would like to withdraw my pension early.  

What I understand is I need to print a form and have a doctor sign it. Has anybody had experience with this? 

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can't answer your question about the form. Is this a lump sum you're requesting or a weekly/monthly income? Are you claiming any benefits at all? If so which ones? A drawdown can affect some benefits. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • catweazle
    catweazle Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I have just got the forms for my private pension as I'm not able to work and the drs receptionist called said it will cost 100 pounds to sign it. Totally stunned. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,915 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The £100 doesn't surprise me, what surprises me is that the pension fund want such a form, are you over 55 ? is it a defined contributions pension or defined benefits ? best place to get free advice is from "pension wise" via CAB 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.