Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Newbie 😄 When could I possibly recieve a payment for LCWRA?

Options
dot2dot
dot2dot Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 30 in Universal Credit (UC)
Could someone please advise me on LCWRA
I claim UC now due to not being able to work after a car accident in April 2022
I was told to fill in a WCA form, then had an assesment on 22/01/2024
Got a message on journal to say I’ve been awarded lcwra
I gave my 1st sick note on the 28th April 2022, and had constant ones in since
When could I possibly recieve a payment
My assesment period is 27th-26th each month 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If 28th April was the same date you reported your health condition then your waiting period will be as follows. May to August 2022. LCWRA starts from 27th August to 26th Sept and first payment will be 1st October 2022. 

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.

You will also need to check this months statement to make sure it's included but because you've only recently been awarded there may not be enough time to include it this month. 

Please note, my advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dot2dot
    dot2dot Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thanks so much Poppy
    No not claiming with anyone
    My pay date is 3rd each month so hasn’t been added to februarys allowance due to timing 
    so will I possibly get 5 months backdated?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.