Hi, my name is AAma673! 7 yr old daughter has Dyscalculia how can I best support her? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AAma673! 7 yr old daughter has Dyscalculia how can I best support her?

Options
AAma673
AAma673 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 31 in Education
My year 7 daughter finds Maths very tricky to understand or learn. She has Dyscalculia how can I best support her?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,214 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @AAma673 and welcome to the community! 

I've found a few useful links on how to support young children with dyscalculia which may be of help to you. The British Dyslexia society talk about it here.  And the Brain Charity talk about support with it here

I'm going to move and rename your post so more people in the know will be able to see it and hopefully offer some support. I hope that's ok? 

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • AAma673
    AAma673 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    @Albus_Scope Thank you for sending through some information. I’ll check out the links 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.