DWP TEXT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP TEXT

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
I cannot stand the anxiety I am feeling. 
Today I received a text from DWP saying that my review was complete and that I would receive a letter in two weeks. Do not contact them unless there was a change of circumstances. I have not had an assessment. 
I’m thinking that once again I haven’t been awarded otherwise the text would have said that they had awarded me. 
I just can’t do this anymore. I cannot go through a MR and then a tribunal again. It nearly tipped me over the edge last time and I can’t go through it again. I haven’t got the strength.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    As this was a review, that's a standard text they send. They do not send texts with award decisions for any review. If you didn't have an assessment it means you had a paper based assessment. 

Although the text advises you not to ring them, you can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. They open at 9am in the morning so you can ring then, if you want to. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,618 Scope online community team
    Hi @sheZZa, sorry you're feeling so anxious about this text. I think Poppy's idea might be worth a try if you're feeling up ringing them to clear thing up. 

Is there anyone supportive you can chat through your worries with, like close friends or family?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • han233
    han233 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I think it will turn out absolutely fine you'll see 😊x
  • sheZZa
    @Rosie_Scope
    There isn’t anyone to talk about this as I think over the years I’ve exhausted people with my worries and anxieties. I had to go to tribunal last time and I just couldn’t go through that again. 
  • sheZZa
    @han233
    I hope so. Thank you for trying to reassure me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    sheZZa said:
    @Rosie_Scope
    There isn’t anyone to talk about this as I think over the years I’ve exhausted people with my worries and anxieties. I had to go to tribunal last time and I just couldn’t go through that again. 
    Did you ring PIP to ask what the decision is? Paper based assessments are rare but they do happen. 

The majority of people have awarded after a paper based assessment. I’ve only ever known of a few people being refused in cases like this. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.