Lwrca back pay ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwrca back pay ?

Options
sandraj57
sandraj57 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hello . I have been awarded lwrca after my assesment weeks ago . I am getting  my first payment on the 20th of this month . I have been sending sick notes in since 8th march 2022.been asking for the form since then but didn't receive one till August 2023.sent it in by 8th sep 2023. Had my phone assesment 3weeks ago had a letter awarding me lwrca. On my statements on my journal from march 2022it says I am on lwrca before that my statements say I was on lcw. Will I get lwrca back pay from march 2022. My ap is 14th to 13th as in 14 march till 13 th april .hope you can understand that . Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you were already found to have LCW, if this new assessment was because you reported changes to your health condition, which prompted them to refer you for another WCA. Then the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which you reported your health condition. 

As you’ve only just had the decision it maybe too late to include the extra money in your next payment, which will mean they will owe you an extra month. 

Money owed is paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 

Please note my advice assumes you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA in your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sandraj57
    Options
    Hiya thank you for the reply . When I first applied for UC in 2019 I was put on lcw as it was before the first of my 4brain ops for brain aneurysm. But my health deteriorated so couldn't go back to my job . I informed the DWP . I was told to ask for a lwrca form but kept getting told there backlogged etc . In the end a work coach in 2023  told me I should of had another assessment at the beginning of 2020 but I recieved nothing but luckily the coach got me one sent out I filled in form . Got awarded lwrca . So do you mean I won't get back pay from march 2022 even though it says on my statements that is Wen they say I was put on it . Sorry but I get easily confused because of my brain injury . Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will be from when you reported changes to your health condition, supported by a fit note. 

I don't know what you mean by this..
    sandraj57 said:
    do you mean I won't get back pay from march 2022 even though it says on my statements that is Wen they say I was put on it . 
    Your statements don't usually tell you when it's paid from as such. Your statements will be recalculated first before they can work out how much is owed. Once they are recalculated they will replace your existing ones. You will then receive a letter on your journal tell you how much is owed and it will be paid into your bank. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sandraj57
    Options
    That was 8th march 2022 I first sent in a fit note after being sacked from work due to brain injury . This is all new to me too . Was just confused and shocked when my statements said I had lwrca from march 2022. Do you think if I do not receive updated statements that I should ask on my journal if I am owed any back pay . Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As your statements already have the LCWRA element included, I'm thinking they've either already recalculated them. If so then you will receive a letter on your journal soon to tell you how much is owed. 

Or you're claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. In which case they will not owe you any extra money. 
  • sandraj57
    Options
    My statements only recently showed I am on lwrca .as before my assessment and being awarded lwrca it said i was on lcw .  So fingers crossed I will get a back pay . I am a single woman btw . I will put a message on my journal if I do not hear any more off them . But how long do you think I should give them ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the decisions only just been made I'm very surprised they recalculated them already. More often than not it takes a while for them to do this. Leave it a few days and if you don't receive a letter on your journal put a message under the payment section and ask about the money that's owed. 
  • sandraj57
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice I appreciate it as I have noone else to help me 😊
  • sandraj57
    Options
    Oh btw my statements do not say the extra money I'm on just that I am on lwrca . Weird or what ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. 
    sandraj57 said:
    Oh btw my statements do not say the extra money I'm on just that I am on lwrca . Weird or what ?
    That's odd. What do the statements say exactly? Once they are recalculated I would expect the amount to be next to it. 
  • sandraj57
    Options
    Morning . I will attach a pic if I can will be easier to see what I mean . This is the Feb 2022 statement.
  • sandraj57
    Options
    this is the march 2022 statement.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Those pictures are not are not UC statements. They are pictures of what you maybe entitled to when claiming UC. 

This is a UC statement. To find your statements click on home and then look through the list and find “payments” click on there and you will see a list of payments. Clicking on those will show you your statements. 

• sandraj57
    Options
    Oh yes sorry . I will take pics . On my statements it does not show the extra amount for lwrca . I found that on the other help bit on bottom of my statements .was just confused as on Feb one it says lcw but on march one it says lwrca . So maybe I'm not going to get back pay from 2022 . Even though I have been sending in sick notes with no break since 2022. 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 15
    Options
    If you post screenshots (though there’s no need now) please make sure that you remove any personal details such as name and address.

As I advised, it’s perfectly normal for it to take quite a few weeks to pay what they owe you. If you’ve only recently had the decision on the WCA then please wait a few weeks. Statements will need to be recalculated first. 
  • sandraj57
    Options
    Ok thank you for your time Hun much appreciated 😊
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.