UC and private doctor membership plan — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and private doctor membership plan

Beserkernaut Community member Posts: 12 Listener
As I have been sick for some time and the pain is worsening, will I be penalised by UC for signing up for a private GP plan for £99 per month? The waiting time for my NHS GP is beyond a joke and I have been promised callbacks which never came.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    No. You can spend your money on anything you want to. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Rather than pay £99 a month have you thought about changing to another surgery ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,187 Scope online community team
    Hi @Beserkernaut, I hope you're doing ok?

    As both Poppy and Woodbine have said, you can spend your money on what you want, but trying to change to a new GPs might be worth looking into?
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
  • Beserkernaut
    Beserkernaut Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I would but getting a new GP or dentist here(N.Ireland) is like winning the lottery, You are lucky if they answer your calls.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.