If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Statement of Care info query

Options
hengster
hengster Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hello,

I have a statement of care to provide but it has been translated by relative from Chinese into English as my carer  is not fluent in English (I'm British Chinese). Would putting the name, relationship to carer and telephone number of the translator in the letter be suffiicent enough as contact details of the translator in the statement of care? 

thanks!

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @hengster, how're you today?

This isn't something I've come across before, but hopefully one of our regulars will be able to advise soon. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • hengster
    Options
    Hi @Albus_Scope & all in this commuity

thanks for the message. I am feeling relieved for nearly finishing the paperwork for my PIP Review Claim. Decided to put the phone number only for the translator and her name and relationship with the Carer.

Does anyone here knows if Medical Report letters, Carer's letter and GP Patient Summary Record all need to have my National Insurance Number and Firstname and Surname written on them too?

cheers!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hengster said:

Does anyone here knows if Medical Report letters, Carer's letter and GP Patient Summary Record all need to have my National Insurance Number and Firstname and Surname written on them too?

Yes, definitely. Make sure you also keep a copy of everything for yourself. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hengster
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.