Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

does the work allowance on universal credit apply if you are self employed?

Options
vickytoria21
vickytoria21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi everyone.. i have limited capability for work and work related activity but i have just got a self-employed job as an expert by experience in mental health.  i might not get many hours.  i can't find anything to say that self-employed earnings can be taken into account as my work allowance? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,990 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it does because you still receive earnings when self employed.

If you start working you must report the changes. As self employed you will need to attend a gateway appointment at your local job centre. You will also need to report your earnings and expenses on your journal on the last day of each assessment period. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vickytoria21
    vickytoria21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    awww thankyou... ive been searching the whole internet to try and find out.. lol
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,149 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @vickytoria21 and welcome to the community. 

I know Poppy has already answered your question, but I wanted to stop in and say howdy and congratulations on the new job, that sounds really interesting. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.