Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hey hope you’re all keeping well x

Options
kay87
kay87 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hey I hope every one is keeping well I’m up to my 20 hours finally!! It’s only happened in around January but instead of 2x 10 hour shifts I’ve got to do 5 hours (any more n I’m still a bad cripple n still need both hands to get up off the floor my leg is still big, exercise (aquafit) still kills me but I can only do it twice a month due to being female and not allowed contraceptive injection due to high risk of more blood clots since I’ve had 3. I’m on 1000mg of naproxen 
2000mg of paracetamol 
60mg of codiene
highest dosage of my antidepressant,  every day to cope with working and general life :( if I knock my leg or try n be on my knee or stretch my leg it’s unbearable pain which radiates threw my back so  I walk bent over like my back and leg are gone. I spoke to my dr n she just says take more painkillers … I feel like i am rattling but sometimes none of them touch the sides of the pain … any advice, I was meant to have a stocking but they just don’t work as they aren’t tight enough (my fat leg makes them roll down. I’m getting sick of being sick n I know I’m not right but hospital doctors have told
me this is me now with post thrombotic
syndrome and I get sooo tired easy and breathless if I walk more than a few metres at a time as my lungs are scarred bad. Could any1 suggest anything other than painkillers that could ease the pains 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kay87

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still in pain. Has your GP referred you to the pain clinic before? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kay87
    kay87 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    I’ve been over my back n had accupuncture before n that
    helped bit pains return when it stopped … but I’m not sure it would help my leg, I keep trying but couldn’t do the hand to foot (right hand to left leg as pains shot up it) when I lifted my left leg a bit (more than a walking step I tried … sometimes i struggle getting in my car too. Just wish it would go away n I could be normal again! I want to be able to do things I used too, now I struggle because of the pain n then having to have pain killers zonks me out sometimes but otters it doesn’t touch the sides x 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry @kay87 and is your GP exploring options to help you? Are there alternative pain killers that won't zonk you out? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.