Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Need help urgently please.

Options
MA100
MA100 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi guys, so I'm really stressed as I am looking for a job but not having any luck. Literally tried to apply for so many jobs but some need certain experience and some have to work at another location but due to my illness I claim uc and lwrca and housing element so looking for a job that pays £379 monthly so I can still keep my benefits and housing costs. So I am ill physically and unable to go out and work so I want to do from home but mentally it is draining me not working and doing absolutely nothing and part of my illness my anxiety and mental health also plays a huge part and it is really making me feel worse. Can anyone reccomend me or have any jobs I can do from home with that amount mentioned above please it would hugely mean alot. I don't think I can stay like his forever as it is making my health worse and doctor recommended to keep stress free as I have anxiety related high bp and any kind of anxiety raises it drastically and this stress is just killing me and making me so depressed honestly.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can't help with the job part I'm afraid, you will just need to keep looking. For your earnings, you don't need to keep them below £379/month. You can earn more than that but for every £1 over that amount your UC will reduce by 55p so you'll still be entitled to some UC and you will still be better off. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MA100
    MA100 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Does that include housing element and lwrca will I still have those? Thanks for your answer.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MA100

Welcome to the community! :) I am so sorry it has been stressing you. I'm glad you have been speaking to your GP, do you feel you are getting enough support for your mental health?

If you live in England or Wales, Scope has their own Employment Services. They can help from CV writing and interview skills to support within your first few weeks at a new job. I would encourage you to reach out to them! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.