If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal tuesday

Options
Eyates02
Eyates02 Community member Posts: 110 Courageous
Have my tribunal tuesday, I am scared!! Been waiting  months  for this moment, don't know  how it'll be and what the outcome will be, really want to express  my  day to day troubles, pray  for me! 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck hope it goes well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Eyates02
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Good luck hope it goes well.
    Thank you! 
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    Options
    Eyates02 said:
    Have my tribunal tuesday, I am scared!! Been waiting  months  for this moment, don't know  how it'll be and what the outcome will be, really want to express  my  day to day troubles, pray  for me! 
    I hope it goes in your favor.
    Its so stressful having to go through these things and constantly having to prove how our disabilities/health conditions affect our ability to function and prove that we meet the criteria to qualify for benefits.
    Good luck.
  • Eyates02
    Options
    luvpink said:
    Eyates02 said:
    I hope it goes in your favor.
    Its so stressful having to go through these things and constantly having to prove how our disabilities/health conditions affect our ability to function and prove that we meet the criteria to qualify for benefits.
    Good luck.
    Thank you! 😊 
  • Dot2710ken
    Dot2710ken Community member, Scope Member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Good luck!!! What has the timeline been for your appeal please? Xx
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Eyates02

Good luck with your tribunal and please keep us updated :) Have you got someone to go with you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Eyates02
    Options
    Good luck!!! What has the timeline been for your appeal please? Xx
    Thanks! Was about 10 months wait
  • Eyates02
    Options
    Hello @Eyates02

Good luck with your tribunal and please keep us updated :) Have you got someone to go with you? 
    Always have my mum with me anywhere I go (she's my carer as well) and I've got a advocate from swan helping to fight my case 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I'm glad you have support <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Eyates02
    Options
    I'm glad you have support <3 
    Yep really need it, can't do anything alone and this will take a lot of mental strength m
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Eyates02 I hope you plan something nice for afterwards! Get in a takeaway or treat yourself to something sweet? 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Eyates02
    Options
    @Eyates02 I hope you plan something nice for afterwards! Get in a takeaway or treat yourself to something sweet? 
    Going to get some food with mum and hoping I will be able to give her some money for all the help she's given me throughout the years I would love to surprise her. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Eyates02 That sounds lovely <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Eyates02
    Options
    @Eyates02 That sounds lovely <3 
    Yeah 💙 hoping tomorrow is a great day finally move forward with things 
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Eyates02 said:
    You have had to go to the tribunal because the dwp haven't listened to what you said.
    Now this is your chance to speak and be listened to.
    Make the most of it and don't worry because the tribunal will stick to the rules and will hear what you say loud and clear.
    You will be fine 
  • Eyates02
    Options
    honestjon said:
    Eyates02 said:
    You have had to go to the tribunal because the dwp haven't listened to what you said.
    Make the most of it and don't worry because the tribunal will stick to the rules and will hear what you say loud and clear.
    You will be fine 
    Thank you, this means a lot! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just so that you’re aware, they don’t always make the decision during the hearing. If this happens they will send you the decision letter within a few days. It doesn’t mean you didn’t win, it just means they couldn’t give the decision at the time.

If you’ve been able to track your appeal online then some members have said they’ve logged in a few hours later and been able to see what the decision was.

You will also need to speak for yourself even though you have an advocate. 

Good luck. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Eyates02 said:
    honestjon said:
    Eyates02 said:
    You will be fine 
    You are welcome.
    I would also write a list of things that I need to remember to say and take the list with you so you don't forget to mention anything important.
  • Eyates02
    Options
    Just so that you’re aware, they don’t always make the decision during the hearing. If this happens they will send you the decision letter within a few days. It doesn’t mean you didn’t win, it just means they couldn’t give the decision at the time.

If you’ve been able to track your appeal online then some members have said they’ve logged in a few hours later and been able to see what the decision was.

You will also need to speak for yourself even though you have an advocate. 

Good luck. 
    Thank you. Yeah will try my best to fight for myself, hoping they let me know same day but either way I'm hoping for a good outcome 
  • Eyates02
    Options
    honestjon said:
    Eyates02 said:
    honestjon said:
    Eyates02 said:
    You will be fine 
    You are welcome.
    I would also write a list of things that I need to remember to say and take the list with you so you don't forget to mention anything important.
    Yeah will try and do this today 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.