Looking for nonprofits that increase the independence of people with disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for nonprofits that increase the independence of people with disability

Options
KarenLunde
KarenLunde Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi - I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm currently abled. I work with a private foundation that hopes to increase the independence of people with disability by giving grants to nonprofits - often small nonprofits - to start or expand effective programs. Job training programs, outdoor adventure programs, creative arts programs, therapeutic riding programs, inclusive learning, community building, mobility training - we give grants in all of these areas & more.

If you know of any nonprofits that increase the independence of people with disability, please let me know, thanks! (we give to nonprofits that have 501c3 in the US - the nonprofit's work can be outside of the US - we give grants to nonprofits with annual revenue less than $2 million)

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 605 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome, we are UK based so not sure how US things work to be honest but welcome to the community.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm not sure of any non-profit organisations off the top of my head who would meet your criteria, but glad to have you with us @KarenLunde! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 987 Pioneering
    Options

Karen, hello and thank you!

Ebony Horse Club in Brixton, London is brilliant but desperately underfunded. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.