Hi, my name is faceyjames! Looking for advice on PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is faceyjames! Looking for advice on PIP

faceyjames Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 15 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m all new to this, I have suffered for a long time with minearse disease and just got on with it. I’ve always worked but now it has got to appoint we’re im in bed for 2 or 3 days a week. I’ve cut down my working hours to two days a week and simply just try to work around when I have an attack. I’m looking for advice about the pip or if anyone has claimed before because of minearse disease. I’m sorry but I simply don’t have a clue about these things.


  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @faceyjames

    Welcome to the community! :) I am so sorry to hear your health hasn't been great and I hope you are getting support from your GP / Specialist? 

    PIP isn't about a diagnosis but how much you can struggle with everyday tasks and/or your mobility. Scope has an information page on PIP you may find helpful to read :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.