LWRCA & SSP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


jolene3110 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi. I receive LWRCA but work for a few hours per week when I'm fit enough. Not every week but occasionally. After another health episode I am now suffering from secondary symptons and haven't been able to leave the house in three weeks, bar Dr visits.  Am I able to claim SSP for not being able to work as I used to?
Thank you in advance


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,145 Disability Gamechanger
    To be able to claim SSP from your employer you must have earned on average at least £123/week. If you were only working a few hours per week then you won’t be able to claim it. See link https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/eligibility
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.