Hi, my name is trashpanda! I'm currently going through a disability discrimination tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is trashpanda! I'm currently going through a disability discrimination tribunal

Options
trashpanda
trashpanda Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited March 18 in Start here and say hello!
I am a disabled woman with several chronic conditions and until recently didn't realise that there was a whole community I could connect with. 

I'm currently going through a disability discrimination tribunal and it's tough and exhausting to keep advocating for myself to get equality and equity. It's really made me realise though that I'm really good at advocating for myself and others. 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @trashpanda

Welcome to the community! :) 

We are very happy to have you here! I'm not brilliant at advocating for myself but can for others. I am so sorry to hear you are going through a tribunal. Can I ask, have you got support around you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • trashpanda
    trashpanda Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    hi @Hannah_Scope

I do, yes. So I have the disability advocates at the university and I also have some support from a carers centre as I also care for a disabled child. 

Currently also battling a big energy company for their unfair treatment of me (accrued a debt because they messed up and now they're attempting into forcing me to hand over live banking details so they can check what money I have and what I'm spending it on) That itself is very exhausting and have no idea where I stand anymore with that. 

I'm really looking forward to being able to connect with people here, definitely makes you feel less isolated. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad you have so much support <3 

I do really hope you make some amazing friends here! Please keep us updated with the energy company! If you need any help with that, Scope has their own Disability Energy Support service, where you can get further advice :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.